Nov. 28, 2022

Make Noise Job Opening: Shipping & Receiving Specialist $20-23/hr

Confidential West Virginia, West Virginia

Make Noise is looking for a Shipping & Receiving Specialist to join our crew of artists and musicians here in West Asheville. The Shipping & Receiving Specialist collaborates with relevant zones to process, pack, ship, and receive orders. -Create and provide accurate shipping quotes -Provide tracking info and documentation to customers, couriers, and customs as needed -Organize all incoming and outgoing packages in a neat and orderly manner -Monitor shipments and file claims for any items damaged or missing in shipment -Track returned shipments -Occasional need to drive to the post office, FedEx, UPS, and Henco to pick up items or drop off shipments on a deadline -Pack and put away products neatly into stock according to established protocols -Communicate effectively and often with courier reps and customer service -Communicate with the Sales and/or Inventory Manager about any discrepancies on invoices -Document and periodically update shipping fees -Update shipping process and protocols as needed -Work with Purchasing Department to maintain an inventory of boxes and shipping supplies Required Skills & Experience: -Experience in shipping and receiving, or in a transferable, fast-paced environment/position -Knowledge of G Suite, PayPal, and Adobe -Excellent research and organizational skills, along with extreme attention to detail -Ability to prioritize tasks in response to rapidly changing priorities -Reliable Transportation to occasionally take packages to couriers -Tenacity and follow-through when negotiating with courier companies Preferred Qualifications: -Experience in warehousing -Knowledge of, FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS, DPD, and other online courier systems -Understanding of international shipping regulations, Harmonized Tariff Codes, and Schedule B Codes -Usage of AES Direct online systems for Export Compliance -Love of electronic music Physical Demands: -Moving, pushing/pulling, and transporting objects and packages weighing up to 50 lbs regularly throughout 8-hour shift -Moving for up to 75% of the time -Remaining station for up to 25% of the time -Ascending and descending stairs with heavy items -Constantly positioning self to move items on various levels of shelving -Reaching below the waist and above the shoulders -Handling small objects and items Other Expectations: -Be ready to work at 9:30 am -Maintain a clean and organized workstation -Only use personal electronics for listening purposes -Other uses of personal electronics should wait until breaks -Use of inclusive language and overall inclusive approach to others at work -Flexibility and adaptability -No PTO same time as Sales Specialist, at the end or the start of the year, during a new release Subject to change based on the needs of the company Weekly Hours: -Monday to Friday 9:30 AM to 6 PM -30 minute unpaid lunch -2 fifteen minute paid breaks. Everyone on our team is fully vaccinated and we update our building-wide mask policy based on current local information regularly. Apply with a cover letter that tells us who you are, what you care about, and why you're a good fit for the position, along with a copy of your resume.

Create an account to see the full posting, access our search engine, and more.

Looking For Similar Jobs?